Make the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
Our lifestyle choices play a key role in keeping us from getting hurt or sick. Some choices prohibit us from living:
- Inactivity - this is tied to chronic disease, weight gain, and poor sleep.
- Poor nutrition—too much sugar and fat and not enough fruits and vegetables—is linked to disease, depression, and inadequate sleep.
No matter how much you may want to make healthy choices, it can feel like there simply isn’t enough time. Busy lifestyles have led many people to make unhealthy choices. There are many practical ways to help people make healthier choices.
- Eating at the dinner table instead of eating while watching TV can help minimize overeating.
- Start small and build from there. Remember that small changes in sleep, activity, and nutrition can make a big difference in your health.
- Challenge yourself weekly to gain a new healthy habit and break an old unhealthy habit.
- Create an environment around you that supports your weekly challenges.
- Set and track your goals.
- Ask for support from friends and family.
- Use technology (fitness trackers, apps, and online tools) to motivate and support your efforts.
- Ask one of our therapists about more ways to make the healthy choice easier for you.
- Liberty Rehabilitation Specialists work with their patients to design a customized plan that helps them enjoy their lives to the fullest.