Sport Specific Rehabilitation & Training:
Sports specific rehabilitation and training is crucial for athletes. Physical Therapy, Sports Conditioning and Custom Orthotics are infused into this form of treatment among other techniques. In order to return to a sport you must regain strength, endurance, and speed. This rehabilitation is critical in order to avoid future injury.
Specialized plans are offered for a variety of sports including:
- Track & Cross Country
Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Therapy:
TMJ can be an excruciating pain for the person affected. Treatments for TMJ include medications, wearing a splint or night guard, dental work, massaging, or following a relaxation technique.
Signs of TMJ include:
- Pain in the jaw, especially at the area of the joint
- Popping/Clicking of the jaw
- Ear pain or sounds of cracking in the ears
- Blurred Vision
- Tight, stiff or sore jaw or neck muscles
- Facial pain, cheek pain, or chin numbness and tingling
- Pain at the base of the tongue
- Pain, swelling or a lump in the temple area
- Shoulder pain
- Locking or dislocation of the jaw
- Dizziness or vertigo
Metabolic Weight Loss & Conditioning Programs:
After weight loss surgery you may experience pain where scarring as occurred, in the pelvic region and muscles and joints around the area.
At Liberty, our expert team is available to assist you in recovering from weight loss surgery.
Our licensed therapists are dedicated to working with you to achieve your weight loss goals and preventing pain.
In addition, our therapists will assist you in reaching and maintaining your goal weight.
Therapeutic Dry Needling
Dry needling is a technique used to increase blood flow, decrease muscle banding, decrease spontaneous electrical activity from muscles that are in neuromuscular dysfunction and create biochemical changes in the local tissue following activation of a twitch response. This will improve muscle function and pain.
This form of treatment is effective for those suffering from the following:
- Neck & Low Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow
- Hip and Gluteal Pain
- Knee Pain
- Achilles Tendonopathy
- Muscular Strain and Ligament Sprains
- Geriatric Orthopedic: joint arthroplasty, hip and knee replacements and rotator cuff arthropathy and repair
- Manual Therapy
- Therapy for shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Spine and Back Therapy
- Neuro Rehab
- Arthitis Programs
- Osteoporosis Programs
- Fall Prevention Program