Lymphedema: Chronic edema
Lymphedema is an excess of lymph fluid in layers just under your skin. This can cause swelling and discomfort and is often present in the arms or legs, but can also happen in the face, neck, and trunk. It is often is a long-term or chronic condition. Our certified, cancer exercise trained physical therapist, Cheryl Villaret PT, CLT LANA will design an individualized rehabilitation program. This service is offered at our Northeast Location : 2130 NE loop 410.
How can we help?
- Improve shoulder and upper body strength
- Improve shoulder and upper body flexibility
- Elevate endorphin levels
- Improve patient outcomes
- Build individualized rehabilitation programs
- Educate patients on potential risks of lymphedema Educate patients on an Independent home exercise program.
- Initiate a complete decongestive program